Reservation of seats : Subjects to maintaining the qualifying standards and others eligibility conditions for reservation of seats the following categories of candidates of the State of Assam (subject to amendment as per Government decision).
1. Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes (Plains), Scheduled Tribes (Hills), O.B.C. (including M.O.B.C.), Moran Community, Candidates
2. Sons/Daughters/Grand Sons/Grand Daughters of Freedom Fighters (both Paternal and Maternal)
3. Tea Garden and Ex-tea-garden Labour Community (within the limit allocation of O.B.C.) in all Polytechnics except RGP, Diphu & ATI.
4. Sportspersons : Selection process for sports quota:
5. N.C.C. : Selection process for NCC quota; :
6. Sons and daughters of Retired Defence Personal :
7. Physically Handicapped:
8. Son/Daughter of employees of'Central Government and of Central Government Public Sector undertaking serving in the State who are not permanent resident of Assam but are posted in Assam for not more than five years preceding the last date fixed for submitting Application.The candidates must fulfill the conditions in Eligibility for admission.
Note : Candidates applying under this category must attach relevant documentary evidence duly signed by competent authority. Such as
(i) that his/her parents are not permanent resident of Assam, but from other State of the Country.
(ii) Service period of his /her parents in Assam as employee of Central Govt./Undertaking.
(iii) Certificate from the School/College the candidate last attended.
9. Candidates of other States and Union Territories against seats reserved by Government of India and duly nominated by the concern State/Union Territory.
Documents to be submitted during counselling :
Part "B" of the Application Form with two recent passport size photographs duly attested by a Gazetted Officer and pasted on the application duly completed to be submitted along with the following certificates at the time of counselling.
(i)True copies of marksheets of qualifying examinations passed.
(ii) Documentary evidence-of age (true copy of Admit Card or Certificate of the Board/University)
(iii) Up-to-date character certificate from the Head of the Institutions last attended.
(iv) Caste certificate, if claimed, belong to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/OBC/ MOBC/Tea-Garden/Ex-Tea Garden Labour Community from the appropriate authority as decided by Government from time to time ( as mentioned in the form).
(v) The candidates applying for seats under Moran community quota must produce certificate from Assam Moran Sabha with the counter signature of DC/SDO (Civil) ofthe concerned District.
(vi) Certificate from Director of Sports, Assam and proof of representing State if applied against Sport and NOC quota.
(vii) Reserved seats against Freedom Fighter category (both Paternal & Maternal).
(a) Certificate from the Principal Private Secretary to the Chief Minister, Assam. (b) A direct relationship certificate of the candidate with the freedom fighter from the Deputy Commissioner or his authorized official if applied against the category of Freedom Fighter.
(viii) Certificate from the Director, Rajik Sainik Board, Assam if applied against category of retired defence personnel.
(ix) Certificate from the employer, if applied against quota of Central Government employees etc.
(x) For Differently-Abled Candidates: Identity Card as Differently-Abled and identified certificate from the State Level/District Level Medical Board as constituted in pursuance of Social Welfare Department. Minimum disability 40% and not exceeding 80%.