Importance of Communication in English in Polytechnic Education:
The course on Communication in English prepared for the 1st and 2nd semester students of 3 years diploma programme in Polytechnic attempts to develop all the four skills of language learning in the learner – listening, speaking, reading and writing. Since, all these four skills are interrelated to each other, this course aims at achieving language proficiency in all the four skills so that at the end of the course the student is a confident user of the General Indian English with the added knowledge of the other variants as British English and American English. In today’s world, English being recognized as an international medium of communication requires the students to have a good hold over the usage of the language and this course is designed to fulfill the same. On completion of the course, a studentis expected to learn to construct grammatically correct sentences in English and use varied English vocabulary in everyday situation .It is aimed that at the end of the course, the student can relate to the English language as a language of communication in everyday affairs and conduct themselves orally using simple English.
Moreover, the course on English language will help the student to develop important professional writing skills. They will learn to write a proper email, a proper business letter and then a good CV/Resume. They will understand the differences between general English and official English. They would also learn to face an interview with confidence and fluency and a positive attitude.They will be confident enough to speak in English at their ease and that will improve their communication skills. At the end, thus, the course will definitely add a little more to the holistic development of the students imparting necessary language education effectively.
Importance of Commerce in Polytechnic Education:
Commerce education equips students with specialized skills that come useful in tackling problems in different functional areas of commerce, industry and trade.
Commerce education has a crucial role in today’s dynamic environment. The rapidly changing trends privatization, globalization and implementation of technology has made tough for organizations to survive the competition in the world. Consequently, the demand for Commerce education has increased many folds. Business executives need to be trained to update and adapt their skills quickly as per the sudden changes in the external environment.
Objectives of Commerce Education:
The objectives of Commerce education in India include:
- Finding out challenges in the commerce education sector.
- Identifying future trends in commerce education.
- Fighting challenges in commerce education by promoting its importance in business and finance.
3rd Semester Engineering Economics and Accountancy:
Aim of the Course:
1. To introduce the students to some important economic and accounting terms.
2. To acquaint the students with some economic laws and with the functions of money, bank etc.
3. To make the students capable of recording business transaction under double entry system.
4. To introduce the students about financial statements.
On completion of the course on EEA, students will be able to
- Define some important economic and accounting terms.
- Explain some basic economic laws.
- Describe overall economic environment.
- Explain double entry system of book keeping.
- Record business transactions under double entry system of book keeping
- Define financial statements.
6th Semester Industrial Management and Entrepreneurship:
Aim of the Course:
- To acquaint the students with managerial activities
- To provide introductory knowledge of Cost Accounting
- To introduce students with industrial legislation
- To explain the scope for self-employment
- To compare and contrast different forms of business organization
- To identify the opportunities to start a small scale industry
On completion of the course on IME, students will be able to
- Explain managerial activities.
- Describe leadership qualities and decision making process.
- State the elements of costs.
- Explain important industrial laws.
- Define different forms of business organisations
- Identify entrepreneurial abilities for self-employment through small scale industries.